• Telescoped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Telescope
• Telescope Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being extended or compacted, like a telescope, by the sliding of joints or parts one within the other; telescopic; as, a telescope bag; telescope table, etc.
- (n.) An optical instrument used in viewing distant objects, as the heavenly bodies.
- (v. t.) To cause to come into collision, so as to telescope.
- (a.) To slide or pass one within another, after the manner of the sections of a small telescope or spyglass; to come into collision, as railway cars, in such a manner that one runs into another.