• Templed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Supplied with a temple or temples, or with churches; inclosed in a temple.
• Temple Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A building dedicated to the administration of ordinances.
- (n.) A local organization of Odd Fellows.
- (n.) One of the side bars of a pair of spectacles, jointed to the bows, and passing one on either side of the head to hold the spectacles in place.
- (n.) The edifice erected at Jerusalem for the worship of Jehovah.
- (n.) The space, on either side of the head, back of the eye and forehead, above the zygomatic arch and in front of the ear.
- (n.) Fig.: Any place in which the divine presence specially resides.
- (v. t.) To build a temple for; to appropriate a temple to; as, to temple a god.
- (n.) Hence, among Christians, an edifice erected as a place of public worship; a church.
- (n.) A place or edifice dedicated to the worship of some deity; as, the temple of Jupiter at Athens, or of Juggernaut in India.
- (n.) A contrivence used in a loom for keeping the web stretched transversely.