• Tenacious Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Apt to adhere to another substance; glutinous; viscous; sticking; adhesive.
- (a.) Apt to retain; retentive; as, a tenacious memory.
- (a.) Niggardly; closefisted; miserly.
- (a.) Holding fast, or inclined to hold fast; inclined to retain what is in possession; as, men tenacious of their just rights.
- (a.) Holding stoutly to ones opinion or purpose; obstinate; stubborn.
- (a.) Having parts apt to adhere to each other; cohesive; tough; as, steel is a tenacious metal; tar is more tenacious than oil.