• Tenanting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tenant
• Tenant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who has possession of any place; a dweller; an occupant.
- (n.) One who holds or possesses lands, or other real estate, by any kind of right, whether in fee simple, in common, in severalty, for life, for years, or at will; also, one who has the occupation or temporary possession of lands or tenements the title of which is in another; -- correlative to landlord. See Citation from Blackstone, under Tenement, 2.
- (v. t.) To hold, occupy, or possess as a tenant.