• Ternaries Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Ternary
• Ternary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Proceeding by threes; consisting of three; as, the ternary number was anciently esteemed a symbol of perfection, and held in great veneration.
- (a.) Containing, or consisting of, three different parts, as elements, atoms, groups, or radicals, which are regarded as having different functions or relations in the molecule; thus, sodic hydroxide, NaOH, is a ternary compound.
- (n.) A ternion; the number three; three things taken together; a triad.