• Terraced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Terrace
• Terrace Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A balcony, especially a large and uncovered one.
- (v. t.) To form into a terrace or terraces; to furnish with a terrace or terraces, as, to terrace a garden, or a building.
- (v.) A flat roof to a house; as, the buildings of the Oriental nations are covered with terraces.
- (v.) A street, or a row of houses, on a bank or the side of a hill; hence, any street, or row of houses.
- (v.) A level plain, usually with a steep front, bordering a river, a lake, or sometimes the sea.
- (v.) A raised level space, shelf, or platform of earth, supported on one or more sides by a wall, a bank of tuft, or the like, whether designed for use or pleasure.