• Terrestrial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Consisting of land, in distinction from water; belonging to, or inhabiting, the land or ground, in distinction from trees, water, or the like; as, terrestrial serpents.
- (a.) Adapted for the observation of objects on land and on the earth; as, a terrestrial telescope, in distinction from an astronomical telescope.
- (a.) Representing, or consisting of, the earth; as, a terrestrial globe.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the earth; existing on the earth; earthly; as, terrestrial animals.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the world, or to the present state; sublunary; mundane.
- (n.) An inhabitant of the earth.