• Teuton Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of an ancient German tribe; later, a name applied to any member of the Germanic race in Europe; now used to designate a German, Dutchman, Scandinavian, etc., in distinction from a Celt or one of a Latin race.
- (n.) A member of the Teutonic branch of the Indo-European, or Aryan, family.
• Teutonicism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mode of speech peculiar to the Teutons; a Teutonic idiom, phrase, or expression; a Teutonic mode or custom; a Germanism.
• Teutonic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The language of the ancient Germans; the Teutonic languages, collectively.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Teutons, esp. the ancient Teutons; Germanic.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to any of the Teutonic languages, or the peoples who speak these languages.