• Text Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A discourse or composition on which a note or commentary is written; the original words of an author, in distinction from a paraphrase, annotation, or commentary.
- (n.) A style of writing in large characters; text-hand also, a kind of type used in printing; as, German text.
- (n.) The four Gospels, by way of distinction or eminence.
- (n.) A verse or passage of Scripture, especially one chosen as the subject of a sermon, or in proof of a doctrine.
- (v. t.) To write in large characters, as in text hand.
- (n.) Hence, anything chosen as the subject of an argument, literary composition, or the like; topic; theme.
• Text hand Definition & Synonyms
- () A large hand in writing; -- so called because it was the practice to write the text of a book in a large hand and the notes in a smaller hand.
• Textmen Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Textman