• Thatching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Thatch
- (n.) The materials used for this purpose; thatch.
- (n.) The act or art of covering buildings with thatch; so as to keep out rain, snow, etc.
• Thatch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To cover with, or with a roof of, straw, reeds, or some similar substance; as, to thatch a roof, a stable, or a stack of grain.
- (n.) Straw, rushes, or the like, used for making or covering the roofs of buildings, or of stacks of hay or grain.
- (n.) A name in the West Indies for several kinds of palm, the leaves of which are used for thatching.