• Thing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Ting
- (n.) An inanimate object, in distinction from a living being; any lifeless material.
- (n.) Whatever may be possessed or owned; a property; -- distinguished from person.
- (n.) A diminutive or slighted object; any object viewed as merely existing; -- often used in pity or contempt.
- (n.) In Scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly.
- (n.) A transaction or occurrence; an event; a deed.
- (n.) A portion or part; something.
- (n.) Clothes; furniture; appurtenances; luggage; as, to pack or store ones things.
- (n.) Whatever exists, or is conceived to exist, as a separate entity, whether animate or inanimate; any separable or distinguishable object of thought.
• Th Definition & Synonyms
- () In Old English, the article the, when the following word began with a vowel, was often written with elision as if a part of the word. Thus in Chaucer, the forms thabsence, tharray, thegle, thend, thingot, etc., are found for the absence, the array, the eagle, the end, etc.
• The Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By that; by how much; by so much; on that account; -- used before comparatives; as, the longer we continue in sin, the more difficult it is to reform.
- (v. i.) See Thee.
- (definite article.) A word placed before nouns to limit or individualize their meaning.