• Thought Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of thinking; the exercise of the mind in any of its higher forms; reflection; cogitation.
- () imp. & p. p. of Think.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Think
- (n.) That which is thought; an idea; a mental conception, whether an opinion, judgment, fancy, purpose, or intention.
- (n.) Solicitude; anxious care; concern.
- (n.) A small degree or quantity; a trifle; as, a thought longer; a thought better.
- (n.) Meditation; serious consideration.
• Thoughtful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Attentive; careful; exercising the judgment; having the mind directed to an object; as, thoughtful of gain; thoughtful in seeking truth.
- (a.) Full of thought; employed in meditation; contemplative; as, a man of thoughtful mind.
- (a.) Anxious; solicitous; concerned.