• Throning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Throne
• Throne Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be in, or sit upon, a throne; to be placed as if upon a throne.
- (v. t.) To place on a royal seat; to enthrone.
- (n.) A chair of state, commonly a royal seat, but sometimes the seat of a prince, bishop, or other high dignitary.
- (n.) Hence, sovereign power and dignity; also, the one who occupies a throne, or is invested with sovereign authority; an exalted or dignified personage.
- (v. t.) To place in an elevated position; to give sovereignty or dominion to; to exalt.
- (n.) A high order of angels in the celestial hierarchy; -- a meaning given by the schoolmen.