• Throstling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A disease of bovine cattle, consisting of a swelling under the throat, which, unless checked, causes strangulation.
• Throstle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A machine for spinning wool, cotton, etc., from the rove, consisting of a set of drawing rollers with bobbins and flyers, and differing from the mule in having the twisting apparatus stationary and the processes continuous; -- so called because it makes a singing noise.
- (n.) The song thrush. See under Song.