• Throttle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To breathe hard, as when nearly suffocated.
- (v. t.) To utter with breaks and interruption, in the manner of a person half suffocated.
- (v. t.) To compress the throat of; to choke; to strangle.
- (n.) The windpipe, or trachea; the weasand.
- (v. i.) To have the throat obstructed so as to be in danger of suffocation; to choke; to suffocate.
- (v. t.) To shut off, or reduce flow of, as steam to an engine.
- (n.) The throttle valve.
• Throttler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Flasher, 3 (b).
- (n.) One who, or that which, throttles, or chokes.
• Throttled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Throttle