• Tincture Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A slight taste superadded to any substance; as, a tincture of orange peel.
- (n.) One of the metals, colors, or furs used in armory.
- (n.) A tinge or shade of color; a tint; as, a tincture of red.
- (n.) A solution (commonly colored) of medicinal substance in alcohol, usually more or less diluted; spirit containing medicinal substances in solution.
- (v. t.) To imbue the mind of; to communicate a portion of anything foreign to; to tinge.
- (n.) The finer and more volatile parts of a substance, separated by a solvent; an extract of a part of the substance of a body communicated to the solvent.
- (v. t.) To communicate a slight foreign color to; to tinge; to impregnate with some extraneous matter.
- (n.) A slight quality added to anything; a tinge; as, a tincture of French manners.
• Tinctured Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tincture