• Ting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In Scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly; -- used, esp. in composition, in titles of such bodies. See Legislature, Norway.
- (v. i.) To sound or ring, as a bell; to tinkle.
- (n.) The apartment in a Chinese temple where the idol is kept.
- (n.) A sharp sound, as of a bell; a tinkling.
• T Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Metric ton
- () the twentieth letter of the English alphabet, is a nonvocal consonant. With the letter h it forms the digraph th, which has two distinct sounds, as in thin, then. See Guide to Pronunciation, //262-264, and also //153, 156, 169, 172, 176, 178-180.
• Tinge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A degree, usually a slight degree, of some color, taste, or something foreign, infused into another substance or mixture, or added to it; tincture; color; dye; hue; shade; taste.
- (v. t.) To imbue or impregnate with something different or foreign; as, to tinge a decoction with a bitter taste; to affect in some degree with the qualities of another substance, either by mixture, or by application to the surface; especially, to color slightly; to stain; as, to tinge a blue color with red; an infusion tinged with a yellow color by saffron.
• Tinged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tinge