• Tinseled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tinsel
• Tinsel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Something shining and gaudy; something superficially shining and showy, or having a false luster, and more gay than valuable.
- (v. t.) To adorn with tinsel; to deck out with cheap but showy ornaments; to make gaudy.
- (a.) Showy to excess; gaudy; specious; superficial.
- (n.) A shining material used for ornamental purposes; especially, a very thin, gauzelike cloth with much gold or silver woven into it; also, very thin metal overlaid with a thin coating of gold or silver, brass foil, or the like.