• Tiring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tire
• Tire Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A covering for the head; a headdress.
- (n.) Attire; apparel.
- (n.) A tier, row, or rank. See Tier.
- (n.) Furniture; apparatus; equipment.
- (v. t.) To exhaust the strength of, as by toil or labor; to exhaust the patience of; to wear out (ones interest, attention, or the like); to weary; to fatigue; to jade.
- (v. i.) To seize, rend, or tear something as prey; to be fixed upon, or engaged with, anything.
- (v. i.) To seize, pull, and tear prey, as a hawk does.
- (n.) A childs apron, covering the breast and having no sleeves; a pinafore; a tier.
- (v. i.) To become weary; to be fatigued; to have the strength fail; to have the patience exhausted; as, a feeble person soon tires.
- (n.) A hoop or band, as of metal, on the circumference of the wheel of a vehicle, to impart strength and receive the wear.
- (v. t.) To adorn; to attire; to dress.
• Tiring-house Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tiring-room.
• Tiring-room Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The room or place where players dress for the stage.