• Tissued Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tissue
- (a.) Clothed in, or adorned with, tissue; also, variegated; as, tissued flowers.
• Tissue Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Fig.: Web; texture; complicated fabrication; connected series; as, a tissue of forgeries, or of falsehood.
- (n.) One of the elementary materials or fibres, having a uniform structure and a specialized function, of which ordinary animals and plants are composed; a texture; as, epithelial tissue; connective tissue.
- (n.) A woven fabric.
- (n.) A fine transparent silk stuff, used for veils, etc.; specifically, cloth interwoven with gold or silver threads, or embossed with figures.
- (v. t.) To form tissue of; to interweave.