• Toe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To hold or carry the toes (in a certain way).
- (n.) The journal, or pivot, at the lower end of a revolving shaft or spindle, which rests in a step.
- (n.) A lateral projection at one end, or between the ends, of a piece, as a rod or bolt, by means of which it is moved.
- (v. t.) To touch or reach with the toes; to come fully up to; as, to toe the mark.
- (n.) A projection from the periphery of a revolving piece, acting as a cam to lift another piece.
- (n.) One of the terminal members, or digits, of the foot of a man or an animal.
- (n.) The fore part of the hoof or foot of an animal.
- (n.) Anything, or any part, corresponding to the toe of the foot; as, the toe of a boot; the toe of a skate.
• Toed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having (such or so many) toes; -- chiefly used in composition; as, narrow-toed, four-toed.
- (a.) Having the end secured by nails driven obliquely, said of a board, plank, or joist serving as a brace, and in general of any part of a frame secured to other parts by diagonal nailing.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Toe
• Toeing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Toe