• Tolerance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Capability of growth in more or less shade.
- (n.) Allowed amount of variation from the standard or from exact conformity to the specified dimensions, weight, etc., as in various mechanical operations;
- (n.) The amount which coins, either singly or in lots, are legally allowed to vary above or below the standard of weight or fineness.
- (n.) The power or capacity of enduring; the act of enduring; endurance.
- (n.) The endurance of the presence or actions of objectionable persons, or of the expression of offensive opinions; toleration.
- (n.) The power possessed or acquired by some persons of bearing doses of medicine which in ordinary cases would prove injurious or fatal.