• Tooling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Work performed with a tool.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tool
• Tool Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To travel in a vehicle; to ride or drive.
- (n.) An instrument such as a hammer, saw, plane, file, and the like, used in the manual arts, to facilitate mechanical operations; any instrument used by a craftsman or laborer at his work; an implement; as, the tools of a joiner, smith, shoe-maker, etc.; also, a cutter, chisel, or other part of an instrument or machine that dresses work.
- (n.) A person used as an instrument by another person; -- a word of reproach; as, men of intrigue have their tools, by whose agency they accomplish their purposes.
- (v. t.) To drive, as a coach.
- (v. t.) To shape, form, or finish with a tool.
- (n.) A weapon.
- (n.) Hence, any instrument of use or service.
- (n.) A machine for cutting or shaping materials; -- also called machine tool.