• Toothed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having teeth; furnished with teeth.
- (a.) Having marginal projecting points; dentate.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tooth
• Tooth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A projecting member resembling a tenon, but fitting into a mortise that is only sunk, not pierced through.
- (v. t.) To indent; to jag; as, to tooth a saw.
- (v. t.) To lock into each other. See Tooth, n., 4.
- (n.) Fig.: Taste; palate.
- (n.) Any hard calcareous or chitinous organ found in the mouth of various invertebrates and used in feeding or procuring food; as, the teeth of a mollusk or a starfish.
- (n.) An angular or prominence on any edge; as, a tooth on the scale of a fish, or on a leaf of a plant
- (n.) One of several steps, or offsets, in a tusk. See Tusk.
- (n.) one of the appendages at the mouth of the capsule of a moss. See Peristome.
- (n.) Any projection corresponding to the tooth of an animal, in shape, position, or office; as, the teeth, or cogs, of a cogwheel; a tooth, prong, or tine, of a fork; a tooth, or the teeth, of a rake, a saw, a file, a card.
- (n.) One of the hard, bony appendages which are borne on the jaws, or on other bones in the walls of the mouth or pharynx of most vertebrates, and which usually aid in the prehension and mastication of food.
- (v. t.) To furnish with teeth.