• Tope Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A moundlike Buddhist sepulcher, or memorial monument, often erected over a Buddhist relic.
- (n.) The wren.
- (n.) A small shark or dogfish (Galeorhinus, / Galeus, galeus), native of Europe, but found also on the coasts of California and Tasmania; -- called also toper, oil shark, millers dog, and penny dog.
- (n.) A grove or clump of trees; as, a toddy tope.
- (v. i.) To drink hard or frequently; to drink strong or spiritous liquors to excess.
• Topek Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An ESkimo house made of material other than snow, esp. one having walls of turf, driftwood, rock, or skin, and a roof of skins of the walrus or seal. In Alaska it is often partially underground and covered with timber and turf. Topeks are also used by Indians of the lower Yukon region.
• Toped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tope