• Towed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tow
• Tow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A rope by which anything is towed; a towline, or towrope.
- (n.) The coarse and broken part of flax or hemp, separated from the finer part by the hatchel or swingle.
- (v. t.) The act of towing, or the state of being towed; --chiefly used in the phrase, to take in tow, that is to tow.
- (v. t.) That which is towed, or drawn by a towline, as a barge, raft, collection of boats, ect.
- (v. t.) To draw or pull through the water, as a vessel of any kind, by means of a rope.