• Tower Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A citadel; a fortress; hence, a defense.
- (n.) A structure appended to a larger edifice for a special purpose, as for a belfry, and then usually high in proportion to its width and to the height of the rest of the edifice; as, a church tower.
- (v. i.) To rise and overtop other objects; to be lofty or very high; hence, to soar.
- (n.) A headdress of a high or towerlike form, fashionable about the end of the seventeenth century and until 1715; also, any high headdress.
- (n.) A projection from a line of wall, as a fortification, for purposes of defense, as a flanker, either or the same height as the curtain wall or higher.
- (n.) A mass of building standing alone and insulated, usually higher than its diameter, but when of great size not always of that proportion.
- (v. t.) To soar into.
- (n.) High flight; elevation.
• Towering Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Hence, extreme; violent; surpassing.
- (a.) Very high; elevated; rising aloft; as, a towering height.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tower
• Towered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tower
- (a.) Adorned or defended by towers.