• Trachea Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the large cells in woody tissue which have spiral, annular, or other markings, and are connected longitudinally so as to form continuous ducts.
- (n.) One of the respiratory tubes of insects and arachnids.
- (n.) The windpipe. See Illust. of Lung.
• Trachearia Definition & Synonyms
- (n.pl.) A division of Arachnida including those that breathe only by means of tracheae. It includes the mites, ticks, false scorpions, and harvestmen.
• Tracheary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tracheal; breathing by means of tracheae.
- (n.) One of the Trachearia.