• tracking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Track
• Track Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mark left by something that has passed along; as, the track, or wake, of a ship; the track of a meteor; the track of a sled or a wheel.
- (n.) Course; way; as, the track of a comet.
- (n.) The entire lower surface of the foot; -- said of birds, etc.
- (v. t.) To follow the tracks or traces of; to pursue by following the marks of the feet; to trace; to trail; as, to track a deer in the snow.
- (n.) A tract or area, as of land.
- (v. t.) To draw along continuously, as a vessel, by a line, men or animals on shore being the motive power; to tow.
- (n.) A road; a beaten path.
- (n.) A mark or impression left by the foot, either of man or beast; trace; vestige; footprint.
- (n.) The permanent way; the rails.
- (n.) A path or course laid out for a race, for exercise, etc.