• Trammel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To confine; to hamper; to shackle.
- (n.) A beam compass. See under Beam.
- (v. t.) To entangle, as in a net; to catch.
- (n.) A net for confining a womans hair.
- (n.) An iron hook of various forms and sizes, used for handing kettles and other vessels over the fire.
- (n.) Fig.: Whatever impedes activity, progress, or freedom, as a net or shackle.
- (n.) A kind of net for catching birds, fishes, or other prey.
- (n.) An instrument for drawing ellipses, one part of which consists of a cross with two grooves at right angles to each other, the other being a beam carrying two pins (which slide in those grooves), and also the describing pencil.
- (n.) A kind of shackle used for regulating the motions of a horse and making him amble.
• Trammel wheel Definition & Synonyms
- () A circular plate or a cross, with two or more cross grooves intersecting at the center, used on the end of a shaft to transmit motion to another shaft not in line with the first.