• Tramp Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A foot traveler; a tramper; often used in a bad sense for a vagrant or wandering vagabond.
- (v. i.) To travel or wander through; as, to tramp the country.
- (n.) A plate of iron worn to protect the sole of the foot, or the shoe, when digging with a spade.
- (v. i.) To cleanse, as clothes, by treading upon them in water.
- (n.) A foot journey or excursion; as, to go on a tramp; a long tramp.
- (v. i.) To travel; to wander; to stroll.
- (v. i.) To tread upon forcibly and repeatedly; to trample.
- (n.) A tool for trimming hedges.
- (n.) The sound of the foot, or of feet, on the earth, as in marching.
• Trampoose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To walk with labor, or heavily; to tramp.
• Tramped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tramp