• Transfer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To remove from one substance or surface to another; as, to transfer drawings or engravings to a lithographic stone.
- (v. t.) To convey from one place or person another; to transport, remove, or cause to pass, to another place or person; as, to transfer the laws of one country to another; to transfer suspicion.
- (n.) The act of transferring, or the state of being transferred; the removal or conveyance of a thing from one place or person to another.
- (n.) A picture, or the like, removed from one body or ground to another, as from wood to canvas, or from one piece of canvas to another.
- (n.) That which is transferred.
- (n.) The conveyance of right, title, or property, either real or personal, from one person to another, whether by sale, by gift, or otherwise.
- (n.) A drawing or writing printed off from one surface on another, as in ceramics and in many decorative arts.
- (v. t.) To make over the possession or control of; to pass; to convey, as a right, from one person to another; to give; as, the title to land is transferred by deed.
- (n.) A pathological process by virtue of which a unilateral morbid condition on being abolished on one side of the body makes its appearance in the corresponding region upon the other side.
- (n.) A soldier removed from one troop, or body of troops, and placed in another.
• Transferring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Transfer
• Transferability Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being transferable.