• Transmission Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of transmitting, or the state of being transmitted; as, the transmission of letters, writings, papers, news, and the like, from one country to another; the transmission of rights, titles, or privileges, from father to son, or from one generation to another.
- (n.) The right possessed by an heir or legatee of transmitting to his successor or successors any inheritance, legacy, right, or privilege, to which he is entitled, even if he should die without enjoying or exercising it.
• Transmission dynamometer Definition & Synonyms
- () A dynamometer in which power is measured, without being absorbed or used up, during transmission.