• Transporting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Transport
- (a.) That transports; fig., ravishing.
• Transport Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A convict transported, or sentenced to exile.
- (v.) Transportation; carriage; conveyance.
- (v. t.) To carry, or cause to be carried, into banishment, as a criminal; to banish.
- (v. t.) To carry or bear from one place to another; to remove; to convey; as, to transport goods; to transport troops.
- (v.) A vessel employed for transporting, especially for carrying soldiers, warlike stores, or provisions, from one place to another, or to convey convicts to their destination; -- called also transport ship, transport vessel.
- (v.) Vehement emotion; passion; ecstasy; rapture.
- (v. t.) To carry away with vehement emotion, as joy, sorrow, complacency, anger, etc.; to ravish with pleasure or ecstasy; as, music transports the soul.
• Transportingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) So as to transport.