• Transpose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bring, as any term of an equation, from one side over to the other, without destroying the equation; thus, if a + b = c, and we make a = c - b, then b is said to be transposed.
- (v. t.) To change the place or order of; to substitute one for the other of; to exchange, in respect of position; as, to transpose letters, words, or propositions.
- (v. t.) To change; to transform; to invert.
- (v. t.) To change the key of.
- (v. t.) To change the natural order of, as words.
• Transposed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Transpose