• Traveling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Travel
• Travel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of traveling, or journeying from place to place; a journey.
- (v. t.) To journey over; to traverse; as, to travel the continent.
- (n.) An account, by a traveler, of occurrences and observations during a journey; as, a book of travels; -- often used as the title of a book; as, Travels in Italy.
- (v. t.) To force to journey.
- (v. i.) To pass; to go; to move.
- (v. i.) To pass by riding, or in any manner, to a distant place, or to many places; to journey; as, a man travels for his health; he is traveling in California.
- (n.) Labor; parturition; travail.
- (v. i.) To labor; to travail.
- (n.) The length of stroke of a reciprocating piece; as, the travel of a slide valve.
- (v. i.) To go or march on foot; to walk; as, to travel over the city, or through the streets.