• Trawl Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To take fish, or other marine animals, with a trawl.
- (n.) A fishing line, often extending a mile or more, having many short lines bearing hooks attached to it. It is used for catching cod, halibut, etc.; a boulter.
- (n.) A large bag net attached to a beam with iron frames at its ends, and dragged at the bottom of the sea, -- used in fishing, and in gathering forms of marine life from the sea bottom.
• Trawlerman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fisherman who used unlawful arts and engines to catch fish.