• Treaty Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An agreement so made; specifically, an agreement, league, or contract between two or more nations or sovereigns, formally signed by commissioners properly authorized, and solemnly ratified by the several sovereigns, or the supreme power of each state; an agreement between two or more independent states; as, a treaty of peace; a treaty of alliance.
- (n.) A proposal tending to an agreement.
- (n.) The act of treating for the adjustment of differences, as for forming an agreement; negotiation.
- (n.) A treatise; a tract.