• Treed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tree
• Tree Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A piece of timber, or something commonly made of timber; -- used in composition, as in axletree, boottree, chesstree, crosstree, whiffletree, and the like.
- (n.) A cross or gallows; as Tyburn tree.
- (n.) Any perennial woody plant of considerable size (usually over twenty feet high) and growing with a single trunk.
- (n.) Something constructed in the form of, or considered as resembling, a tree, consisting of a stem, or stock, and branches; as, a genealogical tree.
- (v. t.) To place upon a tree; to fit with a tree; to stretch upon a tree; as, to tree a boot. See Tree, n., 3.
- (v. t.) To drive to a tree; to cause to ascend a tree; as, a dog trees a squirrel.
- (n.) A mass of crystals, aggregated in arborescent forms, obtained by precipitation of a metal from solution. See Lead tree, under Lead.
- (n.) Wood; timber.