• Trepan Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A crown-saw or cylindrical saw for perforating the skull, turned, when used, like a bit or gimlet. See Trephine.
- (n.) A snare; a trapan.
- (v. t.) To insnare; to trap; to trapan.
- (n.) a deceiver; a cheat.
- (v. t. & i.) To perforate (the skull) with a trepan, so as to remove a portion of the bone, and thus relieve the brain from pressure or irritation; to perform an operation with the trepan.
- (n.) A kind of broad chisel for sinking shafts.
• Trepanize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To trepan.
• Trepang Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of several species of large holothurians, some of which are dried and extensively used as food in China; -- called also beche de mer, sea cucumber, and sea slug.