• Trial Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of trying or testing in any manner.
- (n.) The formal examination of the matter in issue in a cause before a competent tribunal; the mode of determining a question of fact in a court of law; the examination, in legal form, of the facts in issue in a cause pending before a competent tribunal, for the purpose of determining such issue.
- (n.) Examination by a test; experiment, as in chemistry, metallurgy, etc.
- (n.) The act of testing by experience; proof; test.
- (n.) That which tries or afflicts; that which harasses; that which tries the character or principles; that which tempts to evil; as, his childs conduct was a sore trial.
- (n.) Any effort or exertion of strength for the purpose of ascertaining what can be done or effected.
- (n.) The state of being tried or tempted; exposure to suffering that tests strength, patience, faith, or the like; affliction or temptation that exercises and proves the graces or virtues of men.
• Trial balance Definition & Synonyms
- () The testing of a ledger to discover whether the debits and credits balance, by finding whether the sum of the personal credits increased by the difference between the debit and credit sums in the merchandise and other impersonal accounts equals the sum of personal debits. The equality would not show that the items were all correctly posted.