• Tribute Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To pay as tribute.
- (n.) A certain proportion of the ore raised, or of its value, given to the miner as his recompense.
- (n.) A personal contribution, as of money, praise, service, etc., made in token of services rendered, or as that which is due or deserved; as, a tribute of affection.
- (n.) An annual or stated sum of money or other valuable thing, paid by one ruler or nation to another, either as an acknowledgment of submission, or as the price of peace and protection, or by virtue of some treaty; as, the Romans made their conquered countries pay tribute.
• Tributer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who works for a certain portion of the ore, or its value.
• Tributed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tribute