• Tricked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Trick
• Trick Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) An artifice or stratagem; a cunning contrivance; a sly procedure, usually with a dishonest intent; as, a trick in trade.
- (a.) The whole number of cards played in one round, and consisting of as many cards as there are players.
- (v. t.) To draw in outline, as with a pen; to delineate or distinguish without color, as arms, etc., in heraldry.
- (a.) A knot, braid, or plait of hair.
- (v. t.) To dress; to decorate; to set off; to adorn fantastically; -- often followed by up, off, or out.
- (a.) A particular habit or manner; a peculiarity; a trait; as, a trick of drumming with the fingers; a trick of frowning.
- (a.) A turn; specifically, the spell of a sailor at the helm, -- usually two hours.
- (a.) A sly, dexterous, or ingenious procedure fitted to puzzle or amuse; as, a bears tricks; a jugglers tricks.
- (v. t.) To deceive by cunning or artifice; to impose on; to defraud; to cheat; as, to trick another in the sale of a horse.
- (a.) Mischievous or annoying behavior; a prank; as, the tricks of boys.
- (a.) A toy; a trifle; a plaything.