• Trimmer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An apparatus used for piling the coal in gradually increasing piles made by building up at the point of the cone or top of the prism.
- (n.) One who does not adopt extreme opinions in politics, or the like; one who fluctuates between parties, so as to appear to favor each; a timeserver.
- (n.) An instrument with which trimming is done.
- (n.) A beam, into which are framed the ends of headers in floor framing, as when a hole is to be left for stairs, or to avoid bringing joists near chimneys, and the like. See Illust. of Header.
- (n.) One who trims, arranges, fits, or ornaments.