• Tripping Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Quick; nimble; stepping lightly and quickly.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Trip
- (n.) The loosing of an anchor from the ground by means of its cable or buoy rope.
- (a.) Having the right forefoot lifted, the others remaining on the ground, as if he were trotting; trippant; -- said of an animal, as a hart, buck, and the like, used as a bearing.
- (n.) A light dance.
- (n.) Act of one who, or that which, trips.
• Trippingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a tripping manner; with a light, nimble, quick step; with agility; nimbly.