• Triumph Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To obtain victory; to be successful; to prevail.
- (n.) A state of joy or exultation for success.
- (n.) A magnificent and imposing ceremonial performed in honor of a general who had gained a decisive victory over a foreign enemy.
- (n.) To celebrate victory with pomp; to rejoice over success; to exult in an advantage gained; to exhibit exultation.
- (n.) Hence, any triumphal procession; a pompous exhibition; a stately show or pageant.
- (n.) To be prosperous; to flourish.
- (n.) Success causing exultation; victory; conquest; as, the triumph of knowledge.
- (n.) To play a trump card.
- (v. t.) To obtain a victory over; to prevail over; to conquer. Also, to cause to triumph.
- (n.) A trump card; also, an old game at cards.
• Triumphantly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a triumphant manner.