• Trot Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) Fig.: A jogging pace, as of a person hurrying.
- (v. i.) One who trots; a child; a woman.
- (n.) Fig.: To run; to jog; to hurry.
- (v. i.) To proceed by a certain gait peculiar to quadrupeds; to ride or drive at a trot. See Trot, n.
- (v. t.) To cause to move, as a horse or other animal, in the pace called a trot; to cause to run without galloping or cantering.
- (v. i.) The pace of a horse or other quadruped, more rapid than a walk, but of various degrees of swiftness, in which one fore foot and the hind foot of the opposite side are lifted at the same time.
• Trothless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Faitless; false; treacherous.
• Trothplighted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having fidelity pledged.