• Trucking Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The business of conveying goods on trucks.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Truck
• Truck Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) A low, wheeled vehicle or barrow for carrying goods, stone, and other heavy articles.
- (v. i.) To exchange commodities; to barter; to trade; to deal.
- (n.) The practice of paying wages in goods instead of money; -- called also truck system.
- (v. i.) A freight car.
- (v. i.) A small wheel, as of a vehicle; specifically (Ord.), a small strong wheel, as of wood or iron, for a gun carriage.
- (v. i.) A swiveling carriage, consisting of a frame with one or more pairs of wheels and the necessary boxes, springs, etc., to carry and guide one end of a locomotive or a car; -- sometimes called bogie in England. Trucks usually have four or six wheels.
- (v. t.) To exchange; to give in exchange; to barter; as, to truck knives for gold dust.
- (v. t.) To transport on a truck or trucks.
- (v. i.) A frame on low wheels or rollers; -- used for various purposes, as for a movable support for heavy bodies.
- (v. i.) A small wooden cap at the summit of a flagstaff or a masthead, having holes in it for reeving halyards through.
- (n.) Exchange of commodities; barter.
- (n.) Commodities appropriate for barter, or for small trade; small commodities; esp., in the United States, garden vegetables raised for the market.
- (v. i.) A small piece of wood, usually cylindrical or disk-shaped, used for various purposes.