• Trumping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Trump
• Trump Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To play a trump card when one of another suit has been led.
- (n.) A wind instrument of music; a trumpet, or sound of a trumpet; -- used chiefly in Scripture and poetry.
- (v. i.) To blow a trumpet.
- (v. t.) To impose unfairly; to palm off.
- (v. t.) To play a trump card upon; to take with a trump card; as, she trumped the first trick.
- (n.) A winning card; one of a particular suit (usually determined by chance for each deal) any card of which takes any card of the other suits.
- (n.) An old game with cards, nearly the same as whist; -- called also ruff.
- (n.) A good fellow; an excellent person.
- (v. t.) To trick, or impose on; to deceive.