• Tumbled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tumble
• Tumble Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act of tumbling, or rolling over; a fall.
- (v. t.) To turn over; to turn or throw about, as for examination or search; to roll or move in a rough, coarse, or unceremonious manner; to throw down or headlong; to precipitate; -- sometimes with over, about, etc.; as, to tumble books or papers.
- (v. i.) To play tricks by various movements and contortions of the body; to perform the feats of an acrobat.
- (v. i.) To roll down; to fall suddenly and violently; to be precipitated; as, to tumble from a scaffold.
- (v. i.) To roll over, or to and fro; to throw ones self about; as, a person on pain tumbles and tosses.
- (v. t.) To disturb; to rumple; as, to tumble a bed.
• Tumbledung Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of scaraboid beetles belonging to Scarabaeus, Copris, Phanaeus, and allied genera. The female lays her eggs in a globular mass of dung which she rolls by means of her hind legs to a burrow excavated in the earth in which she buries it.